Lowel Morgan is the firm’s managing partner and was called to the Jamaican Bar in 1991 after obtaining a BSc. in Management Studies in 1986, and a Bachelor of Laws in 1989 from the University of the West Indies. Lowel also obtained a Master of Laws degree in Maritime Law (with merit) from the University College of London in 2008.
Lowel practises in the field of civil litigation focussing primarily on Maritime, Insurance, and Employment Law, Arbitration, Contract Disputes, and Landlord and Tenant matters. He is known as a leading expert in insurance law, and has the distinction of acting as counsel to all the major Jamaican Insurance companies. His expertise also extends to other critical industries including petroleum, hospitality, and the telecommunications sectors.
An excellent negotiator, Lowel recognises the importance of alternative dispute resolution mechanisms as alternatives to litigation. He is also an arbitrator, and became a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators in 2014.
Committed to community service, Lowel currently serves as:
▪ Chairman of the Finance and Accounting Committee and member of the General Legal Council
▪ Chairman – Board of Bethlehem Moravian College
▪ Treasurer and member – Executive of the Moravian Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
▪ Member of the Board of Directors of Fimi Wireless Limited and Aim Financial Corporation
▪ Member – Board of Governors of the United Theological College of the West Indies
▪ Member – Jamaica Bar Association and Continuing Legal Education Committee
Lowel is an ardent Moravian, sporting enthusiast, cricket fan and Arsenal Fanatic.
Make an Enquiry Today
DISCLAIMER: Confidential or Sensitive Information An attorney-client relationship can only be established after we have discussed the matter with you, run a conflicts check, and you and we have both agreed to the terms of the engagement. Until such time, do not send us any confidential or sensitive information.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) – Bachelor of Science – Management Studies, 1986
- LL.B. (Hons.) – Bachelor of Laws, 1989